Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Now that I no longer consider myself to be a practicing "Christian"*, I wonder about the appropriate way to express myself to religious friends or in religious situations. I'd like to say, "my thoughts and prayers are with you", but frankly, I don't pray and don't pretend to, but I'd still like to acknowledge my friends' religious sentiments if that's what will bring them comfort. "My thoughts and good wishes are with you" seems awkward and just accentuates the fact we have philosophical differences, when I really just want them to find peace however the hell they find that. So yes, go find peace in your masochistic, sadist, selfish, nonsensical god, if that what serves you best. I could say, "find peace and comfort in your memories" but I know from personal experience that's a little old and just, yeah, don't say that.
I guess since I do believe in a Supreme Being, its not completely hypocritical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment