Monday, January 18, 2016

Was I better off in a two-parent home?

Some times I wonder if I would have been better off if my parents would have separated or divorced.


I read memes like this on social media and read the current theme of the day about divorce, which seems to be if you're unhappy, get out, because you don't want your kids to see you unhappy. Well, I've seen parents who separated because they weren't happy with each other, and yet still managed to make their own lives, and their children's lives, a living hell because they still weren't happy with each other.  I know my own parents probably didn't have the happiest marriage, but they stayed together because of their daughter, and because their religion told them too. I'm honestly not sure which was more important to them. Would I feel any different if it had been because of me, or because of the church? I've run both scenarios through my head many times over the years, and I'm not sure either one makes me feel any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment